Thursday, April 15, 2021

Bilge Paint, Cockpit Drain Install, Sole Work - Part II

 A cold and rainy day, but progress.

The tabbing on the galley floors was cured enough to sand the entire area.  It was cramped work and I used four types of sanders to get at all the spots.  But it's ready for primer.

I also laid out the hatches on the bottom of the cabin sole.  I'm doing things a little out of order - I should probably have done this before I painted - now I have to sand the paint off the edges of the hatches for the hatch supports.  It turns out all four hatches can be 18 inches long by 9 inches wide.  And each on has an end that lands on a floor, which saves a tiny bit of support infrastructure work.  I'm deciding how I'm going to secure them down - gravity's good, but mechanical fastening is better. 

 I sanded and ground into shape the remaining bits for the cockpit drain tube.  It was as uncomfortable as I imagined, but I had a full face shield / particulate mask and ear muffs on so it had a spacewalk feel to it.  It turns out I can fit my entire body into the lazarette.  I think I've lost weight. 

Back in the cabin - the galley bilge is primed.

And back in the lazarette, the cockpit drain tube is glassed in. Whoot!  I'm taking the next three days off for fun and games.  My back and knees say I've earned it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment